一、相关词汇 (Words & Vocabularies)
1. Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center
2. exhibitor / visitor / booth / layout / exhibit / certificate / register
3. entrance / exit / path / parking / square / floor
4. escalator / lift / elevator / cargo lift
5. toilet / wash room / water closet (WC)
6. right / left / behind / in front of / above / under
7. service desk / customer service center / office / company
8. reception / information / business center
9. meeting room / conference room / VIP room / multi-function hall
10. copy / fax / print / internet / e-mail
11. translate / translator / interpret / interpreter
12. portable computer / mobile phone / cellular phone
13. passport / identification card (ID card)
14. cash / cashier / credit card / bill / check / voucher
15. price / rent / charge / deposit / service charge
16. baggage / luggage / suitcase / wallet / purse / valuable goods
17. staff / worker / clerk / security / guard / PA / cleaner
18. manager / general manager / president / chairman
19. film / battery / calculator / pen / paper / newspaper
20. table / chair / plug / adaptor / garbage can / dustbin / air-condition
21. bus / taxi / metro / train / plane
22. airport / railway station / harbor / bus station / customs
23. hotel / guest house / restaurant / supermarket / store / shop / kiosk
24. Chinese restaurant / Western restaurant / coffee shop
25. Chinese food / Western food / buffet / fast food
26. breakfast / lunch / supper / dinner
27. international direct dial (IDD) / domestic direct dial (DDD)
28. long distance call / local call / collect call
29. public phone / payphone / phone box / phone booth
30. telephone directory / country code
二、礼貌问候 (Greeting Guest)
1. Good Morning! (Afternoon / Evening / Night) / AM / PM
2. Sir / Madam / Ladies and gentlemen
3. Mr. / Ms. / Miss / Mrs.
Mr. Gates (Bill Gates) / Mr. president / Dr. Lee
4. Welcome to Shenzhen! / Welcome to the Exhibition!
5. How are you? / How do you do?
I am fine! Thank you!
6. I am pleased to meet you!
I am glad to meet you!
It is nice to meet you!
7. You are welcome!
It is my pleasure!
8. Is this your first time to Shenzhen?
9. May I help you?
What can I do for you?
10. Excuse me! May I have your name, please?
11. Wait a minute, please!
Just a moment, please!
12. Sorry to have kept you waiting.
三、指引方向 (Guide Directions)
1. This way, please!
2. Come with me, please!
3. I will show you to Business Center.
4. The toiled is over there.
5. Could you please tell me the way to the Metro Station?
6. Could you tell me how to go to the second floor?
7. Please go straight, turn right and then you can’t miss it.
8. You can take that escalator over there to the second floor.
四、电话英语 (Telephone English)
1. Good Morning! May I help you?
2. Good Morning! Information Center
3. One moment, please.
4. Please hold the line.
5. I will transfer your call to Service Center.
6. I will connect you with the Reception Counter.
7. The line is busy. please call a moment later.
8. I would like to make a call to Hongkong.
9. Could you tell me where I can make a local call?
10. Thank you for calling.
五、提供服务 (Providing Service)
1. Would you like me to help you with your baggage?
2. You can use internet in Business Center.
3. How many papers do you want to copy?
4. Where would you like to fax this paper?
5. Please sign your name here.
6. Please fill out the Registration Form first.
7. Half one RMB will be charged for copying one paper.
8. Here is the change.
9. The telephone number is 8284-8622 and fax number is 8284-8625.
10. You can take a taxi to your hotel.
六、深圳酒店 ( The Main Hotels)
1. Best Western Shenzhen Felicity Hotel
2. Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen
3. Sunshine Hotel
4. Panglin Hotel
5. Pavilion Hotel
6. Landmark Hotel
7. Grand View Hotel
8. Crown Plaza Shenzhen
七、深圳景点 (The Tourist Attractions)
1. Window of World
2. Happy Valley
3. Splendid China
4. China Folk & Culture Village
5. Mingsk Aircraft World
6. Shenzhen Safari Park
7. Waterlands Resort
8. Evergreen Resort
9. The Overseas Chinese Town
1、Good morning(afternoon, evening), sir(madam) 早上（下午、晚上）好，先生（夫人）。
2、How do you do? 您好！（初次见面） Glad to meet you. 很高兴见到您。
3、How are you? 您好吗？ Fine, thanks. And you? 很好，谢谢。您好吗？
4、Welcome to our school.
6、I hope you are enjoying your stay with us. 希望您过得愉快。
7、Have a good time! 祝您过得愉快！
8、Can I help you? /what can I do for you?
11、Sorry, he is not in at the moment. 对不起，他现在不在。
12、Pardon. 对不起，请再说一遍，好吗？ I beg your pardon. 对不起，请再说一遍，好吗？ III. Asking the Way 问路
18. Excuse me, can you tell me the way to…?
19. Straight on. 一直往前走。
20. Go down this street. Then turn left. 沿这条街走下去, 然后朝左拐。
21. Turn right at the second crossing. 在第二个路口往右拐。
22. I'm sorry. I have no idea where it is. 对不起，我不知道它在哪儿。 I hope you'll come back to China again! 希望你能再来中国!
I'll see if he is available.
Would you please have a seat and wait for a few moments.
A: thanks for coming today.
B: I‘ll wanted to see your school for a long time.
A: we can start any time you‘re ready.
B: I‘m all set.
A: The tour should last about an hour and a half .
B: I‘m really looking forward to this.
A: We can start over here.
B: I‘ll just follow you.
A: Please ask me if you have any question.
B: I well.
A: I‘d like to see your showroom.
B: Do you know where it is?
A: No, I don‘t.
B: I‘ll ask the teacher… (to show you) .
a: Welcome to our showroom.
B: Thank you, I‘m glad to be here.
A: Is there anything I can show you.
B: I think I‘d like to just look around .
1. Is this your first time to China?
2. What kind of Chinese food do you like?
1. Would like a glass of water? / can I get you a cup of Chinese red tea?
2. Alright, let me make some. I’ll be right back.
Host company: Production Manager Liu Jian and his secretary Wang Qian
Guest company: Sales Manager John Smith and Mary Smith
In the office
Liu : Hi, Miss Wang , the Sales Manager of BBC company will have a visit to our company on March 17th to 19th. Please make some arrangements and book a room for them.
Wang: Ok, I get it.
On the phone
Wang: Is that 8298696?
Rece: Yes, BaiYun Hotel. Reservation desk. What can I do for you?
Wang: I’d like to book a room in your hotel.
Rece: What kind of room would you like? We have single rooms, double rooms, standard rooms and suites.
Wang: Er…A double room, please.
Rece: For how many days?
Wang: Three days. From March 17 to 19.
Rece: May I have your name, please?
Wang: Wang Qian.
Rece: All right. A double room from March 17th to 19th, am I right?
Wang: Yes. Exactly.
Rece：Anything else I can help you?
Wang: No, thank you.
Rece: We look forward to your arrival. Thank you for calling. Goodbye.
In the airport
（Wang Qian hold a band writing BBC Company.）
John: Hi! I’m John Smith, Sales Manager from BBC company. Are you form Huaxia Company? Liu: Yes! My name’s Liu Jian, the Production Manager of Huaxia Company. Here’s my name card. Welcome to Shanghai.
John: Thank you. Here’s mine. Nice to meet you.(握手)
Liu: Nice to meet you, too. And this is my secretary, Miss Wang.
Wang: Glad to meet you.
John: Glad to meet you, too. And this is my wife, Mary.
Mary: How do you do!
Wang, Liu: How do you do!
Liu: Have you got your luggage?
Wang: Let’s go this way, please. Our car is over there. thth
Liu: How’s your journey?
John: The flight was very good and the service on board was excellent. But Mary didn’t get used to the jet lag.
Mary: Don’t listen to him. I’m fine. He’s so worried.
Liu: Shall we go to the hotel directly? We’ve booked a room for you at the BaiYun Hotel. John: Good.
Liu: Is it your first time come to China?
John: No, but my first time to Shanghai.
Marry: I’ve heard that there are various of snack in China. If got a chance, I’d like to have a taste and go shopping in shanghai.
Liu: In that case, we will make a good arrangement for you in shanghai. Miss Wang knows Shanghai well. If you want to know something, you can ask her.
Mary: Thank you. I am so lucky.
Liu: There’s no arrangement tomorrow. Have a good rest and recover from the jet lag.
John: Good idea.
Mary: So I can go shopping with Miss Wang tomorrow.
John: But you should have a good rest first.
Liu: The anniversary party will be hold tomorrow evening. Would you like to join us?
John: I’d love to. It’s my honor to do that.
Liu: Thank you. If you have any problems on your life or business, please don’t hesitate to call me.
John: I should thank you. You’re so thoughtful!
Wang: Here’s the car. Step in, please.
What company are you from?您是哪个公司的？
Could you tell me what company you are representing?能告诉我您代表什么公司吗？
What brings you here?是什么风把你吹来了？
(3)询问是否预约，来访目的Do you have an appointment?约好了吗？
Would you give me your business card?请给我您的名片好吗？
And can I ask what you wish to see him about?我能问一下您要见他有何事吗？
(4)让客人稍候片刻：I'll see if he is available.请让我看看上司是否方便。
Would you please have a seat and wait for a few moments.请您坐下稍等片刻。
Would you like coffee or tea? How do you like your coffee?你要咖啡还是茶？要什么样的咖啡？(是否加奶或糖)
. Jones and Mr. Smith will see you in few minutes.请坐，琼斯先生和史密斯先生几分钟后就到。
Mr. Chen is expecting you. I'll tell him that you're here.陈先生正在等你。我去告诉他你已到。
Would you come this way, please?请随我这边来。
Mr. Chen is occupied at the moment and wants to know if your business is urgent.陈先生正忙着，请问您的事情很紧急吗？
He may want to get in touch with you in the future. Would you leave your card?他想以后再和你联系。请留下你的名片好吗？
I'd prefer to explain that to him directly.我想我最好还是我领你去，以免你迷路。
How's the party, Mr. Taylor?晚会如何，TAYLOR先生？
The ceremony will commence as soon as the minister arrives.庆祝会等部长一来就开始。
Our General Manager can't be here today, so I'm speaking on his behalf.我们的总经理今天不能到会，因此由我代表他讲话。
We are going to show you the town while you're here.你在此逗留期间我们将陪你在城里游览一番。
Do you have any place in mind you wanted to go in our town?本城有什么地方你想去看看？、What would you like to do this morning?There is nothing scheduled before lunch.上午你想干什么？中饭前日程表上没有活动安排。
Is there anything planned for tonight?今晚有什么安排？
Have you anything in mind you'd like to do?你是不是已有打算。
We'll visit a school in the afternoon as you proposed.按你的提议，下午我们去参观一所学校。
I think it'd be better for me to take you there so that you won't get lost.我想最
We had reserved you two First class seats on the plane leaving Shanghai for Hong Kong at 10:00 a.m. on Monday March 20.我们已为你订了二张３月２０日星期一上午１０点由上海飞往香港的一等舱机票。 欢迎下次再来：If you would be kind enough to let me know in advance the date and approximate time of any intended visit,I will make arrangements to be on hand to receive you.若蒙提前惠告计划来访日期及大致时间，我将亲自出面接待你。对我们的接待工作您满意吗？
If you have any complaints to make about our service, we will be quick to make adjustments.若对我们的服务有任何不满，请提出，我们会很快加以调整。 接待作为公司的秘书，你是否总会有一些接待的工作要去做呢？对待来访的客人，提供的服务应使他们感到宾至如归(feel at home),语言也要体贴，处处显示出您的热情周到： 客人到了，询问旅途情况：Mr. Taylor, it's indeed a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Welcome to our company.TAYLOR先生，与您相识真是荣幸，欢迎来我公司。
Did you have a good trip？旅途还顺利吧？
I hope you'll have a pleasant stay here.希望你此逗留期间愉快。
I hope you've enjoyed your stayin Hangzhou.但愿你在杭州这段时间过得开心。 We'll do our best to make your stay here a pleasant one .我们将尽力使你在此逗留期间舒心。
You must be very tired after such a long journey.经过这么长时间的旅行，你肯定很累。既然客人劳累就赶紧安排他去宾馆吧
We had reserved one single room with a private bath for you.我们已为你订了一个带浴室的单人间。
Your room is 1108. We'll take the elevator up.你的房间号码是1108，我们乘电梯上去。
You will find Room 201 at the end of the corridor.你走到走廊尽头就能看到201房间。
This way, please.请这边走。
Come with me please!请跟我来。 如果是外国客人，询问他会中文吗？Do you read Chinese?你会中文吗？
What language do you speak?你说哪种语言？ 安排好住处以后，领客人吃饭：Would you like a cup of coffee or tea?你来杯茶还是咖啡？
Do you want anything to drink?你要喝点什么？ 向客人提供帮助：If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.如果想要了解什么，尽管问吧。
If I can do anything for you, please don't hesitate to letme know.如果我能为你做些什么，尽管说好了。
I'm glad to be of help to you.我很高兴能对你有所帮助。
Are there any questions you'd like to ask before we leave ?出发前，你们还有什么要问的吗？
I am so sorry to have kept you waiting.
It's a pleasure to see you again.
I have often heard about you. Glad to meet you.
hear about (听说)
Tip:注意 hear about与 hear of的区别: hear of sb. I sth.表示
Have a seat, please.
Would you like anything to drink?
Please help yourself to tea. Mr. Brown will be with you in a moment.
in a moment (马上，立刻)
周: Having you arrive in China?
苏:NO. There’s about half an hour we can get to China.
周:OK. I will call my secretary to the airport now.
(In the airport)
陈: Great to see you again..
苏:Great to see you again.
陈:Do you have any jet lag?
苏:NO. not now. I often fly USA and China. So I’ll be all right.
陈：This is our company’s car. Please get on the car. We will go to the hotel at first and
let you have a good rest.
苏：That’s a good idea.
(In the car)
邓: How is your family.
张:Fine., thank you! My husband wanted me to say thank you for you that the last
time he came to China and you accompany his to tourism China.
邓：I heard you had a typhoon recently.
张: Yes, but it wasn’t too serious. The weather forecast for the nest few day looks very
good, so we don’t need to worry about it.
陈：We’ll arrive the Hilton hotel now. Tomorrow we’ll take you to visiting and
(Visiting and Investigation)
张：We’re very happy to have this opportunity of visiting your corporation 苏：Yes, and we hope we can do business together.
周：Is our great pleasure to meet you, welcome to our corporation! Let’s show you
around the factory, so you can get a good idea of how thing work, and know much more of our product.
张：Sure, everything looks great.
邓：Yes, our corporation have a long history, so we got a good reputation. 苏：Really? But I found the facility is still new now.
周：Oh, because we just renew our facilities in recent and we make many things better
苏：That sounds good! So it’s sure to improve both of your efficency and productivity. 陈：Here, let’s look at some samples of our latest watch design.
张：Wow, it’s very beautiful and delicate!
苏：What kinds of watch is the most popularly among your corporation?
邓：Yes, let me show you. Look, this kinds of watch is fashionable, coz novelty and no
张：Good, I think we gotta go now and we’ll meet you next time.
陈：Ok, see you next time, take care.
周：个lad to meet you again, do you sleep well last night?
苏：Very well,thank you.
周：let's get down to business right now,ok?
苏：OK.We are quite interested in the watches made by your company. In fact,we're
thinking of placing an order of the Coz,but we're worry about the problem of quality?
邓:You do not have to worry about that our watches are the best in the world and our company's policy is always quality first.
张：Do you have any quality inspection certificate of your watch?
周：Of course.Here is the China important export commodity Inspection certificate. 张：Ok,may I have an idea of your prices?
周：Yes,here is our price sheet.
邓: What do you think our price?
苏：I think it's higher.Can you down a little?
陈：As you know.Our products enjoy a high reputation and are always popular abroad. Comparing with the price of the other companies, I think our price is the most competitive.
张:If we placing a large order,could you give me a discount?
邓：Yes,if you order is large enough ,we can give you twenty Per-cent discount. 苏：OK.
周：Do you have any questions?
苏：No more questions.I think.
周：We can sign the contract now.
邓：Have you heard the Yuexiu Park.This afternoon we will take you to visit Yuexiu
Park.The Yuexiu Park is full filled with the thriving life and green charms of subtropical.It's very beautiful.
苏：It's sound great! I have heard that the people of Guangzhou always go shopping In Beijing Road, isn't it?
邓：Yes, it's the place you must to go. Beijing Road have a long history .Besides, there are all kinds of goods you will find it.
张：Ok, let's go this afternoon.
周;There will be recreations for you on these days, tonight we will hold a party in honor of you.
苏:Thank you for greeting us.
周：At the party you can enjoy delicious food as well as enjoy waltz and tango there. 苏: Ok, I get it.
邓: And after the party, the receptnist will bring you to the spa, both of you can have spa and massage, it's one of the best services of this hotel, you can relieve yourselves.
张: Oh, I can't wait it.
陈：Yeah, very glad you love it, and tomorrow morning, we will arrange a car to pick you up, we'll go to the Guangzhou restaurant and enjoy the most famous
(Bidding Farewell and seing guests off)
陈：It's a pity that you’re leaving us today.
苏：I am sorry to leave you too
陈:Hope you'll visit Guangzhou again.
张:Thanks, I am very appreciate everything you're done for us. I wish I could repay somehow.
陈:Don't mention it, I wish you have a please journey and don't forget to keep in touch.
苏:Sure, wish we meet again some day.
陈:So do I
苏:Right, I have to go now. Hope to see you again
张Take care, write to me when you have time.
陈Sure, thank you, good-bye.
A: Good moring. What can I do for you?
B: Good moring. I am Barlow(巴罗) from Shandong Qingdao China Haier headquarters. I would like to see Manager Wang. A: Do you have an appointment,?
B: Yes , Our meeting is set for 3 o'clock this afteroom.
A: But now is 3:30pm Mr. Barlow.
B: Yes, I’m sorry for this. But you know I had got a heavy traffic jam. Beijing’s traffic is always so crowded. Can you please tell him I have come? I have some very important things need to deliberation with Manager Wang.
A: Ok, Will you please have a seat, Mr. Barlow? I’ll call Manager Wang right now.
B: It’s very kind of you.
(The assistant is calling her superior Manager Wang and checking with she whether or not to meet Mr. Barlow )
A: Hello, Manager Wang. A Mr. Barlow is here. He has an appointment at 3:00, but he is late for 30 miute would you like to see him now? C: Yes, let him come to my office. I am waiting for him.
(Return to Mr. Barlow)
A: Yes, Mr. Barlow, I just checked with our manager, Ms. Wang, she is
expecting you. You can take the elevator at the front to the 9th floor. After you go out of the elevator then turn right, Ms. Wang’s office is here.
B: Thank you very much!
A工厂老板 D：A的助手 B参观者 C：B的搭档 E工厂主管
B：Where can we see your complete line?
A：We have a showroom in this city.
B：I’d like to see it.
A：Drop by anytime.
A：Is this your first visit to our showroom.
B：Yes ,it is .
A：Can I show you around.
B：That would be nice of you .
B：How is the product selling ?
A：It’s selling well .
B：What are the selling points of your product ?
A：Compared with competing products , ours is smaller and lighter.
A：This is our latest product .
B：When is it going to be on the market?
A：It will be out next month .
B：Could I have this sample free of charge?
A:SURE,YOU CAN TAKE SOME SAMPLE.
D：If you are staying here for a few days, we’d be delighted to see you at our factory.
B：It’s very kind of you to say so. My associate will be interested in visiting your factory.
D：Let us know when you are free. We’ll arrange the tour for you.
B：Thank you. I’ll give you a call this afternoon to set the time. There’s nothing like seeing things with one’s own eyes.
D：That’s for sure. You’ll know our products better after the visit.
C：How large is the plant?
E:It covers an area of 75,000 square meters.
C：It’s much larger than I expected. When was the plant set up?
E：In the early 70s. We’ll soon be celebrating the 30th anniversary.
C：How many employees do you have in this plant?
E:500. We’re running on three shifts.
C:Does the plant work with everything from the raw material to the finished product?
E：Our associates specializing in these fields make
some accesso- ries. Well, here we’re at the production shop. Shall we start with the assembly line?
有些零配件是我们的联营单位生产的，他们是专门从事这一行的。 好了，我们到生产车间了。咱们从装配线开始看，好吗？ Joan：
C:It was very kind of you to give me a tour of the place. It gave me a good idea of your product range.
E：It’s a pleasure to show our factory to our customers. What’s your general impression, may I ask?
C：Very impressive, indeed, especially the speed of your NW Model.
E：That’s our latest development. A product with high performance. We put it on the market just two months ago.
C：The machine gives you an edge over your competitors, I guess.
E:Certainly. No one can match us as far as speed is concerned.
C：Could you give me some brochures for that machine? And the price if possible.
E：Right. Here is our sales catalog and literature.
C：Thank you. I think we may be able to work togeth er in the future.
D：Just let me know if you want to bring anyone else.
C：I’d like to have my boss go through the plant some day.
D：We’re having a special showing next week in our showroom.
C：What do you mean by special?
D：It will be by special invitation only.
C：Please make sure I get an invitation.
D：OK,That’s the end of the tour.
C：It was a great help to me.
商务英语之接待客户 19.Does it take long to get into Taibei from
1.Excuse me. Are you Susan Davis from 20.It's about an hour. 大概要一个小时。 Western Electronics? 对不起，你是来自西方电子 21.We'll get a taxi from the station. 我们公司的苏姗·戴卫斯吗? 到火车站乘出租车。
22.There's a shuttle bus we can use. 我们
2.Yes, I am. And you must be Mr. Takeshita. 可搭乘机场班车。 是的，我就是，你一定是竹下先生吧。 23.I've brought my car, so I can drive you 3.Pardon me. Are you Ralph Meyers from National Fixtures? 对不起，请问你是从国家装置公司来的雷夫·梅耶史先生吗? 4.I"m Dennis. I am here to meet you today. 我是丹尼斯，今天我到这里来接你。 5.I"m Donald. We met the last time you visited Taiwan. 我是唐纳德，上次你来台湾时我们见过面。 6.I"m Edwin. I"ll show you to your hotel. 我是爱德温，我带你去旅馆。 7.How was your flight? Was it comfortable? 你坐的班机怎么样?还舒服吗? 8.It was quite good. But it was awfully long. 班机很好，就是时间太长了。 9.Did you have a good flight? 你旅途愉快吗? 10.Not really, I"m afraid. We were delayed taking off, and we encountered a lot of bad weather. 不太好，我们起飞延误了，还遭遇了恶劣的气候。 11.How was your flight? 你的航班怎样? 12.Did you get any sleep on the plane? 你在飞机上睡觉了吗? 13.Mr. Wagner, do you have a hotel reservation? 华格纳先生，你预订过旅馆吗? 14.No, I don't. Will it be a problem? 不，我没有，会有困难吗? 15.I don't think so. I know several convenient hotels. Let me make some calls. 我认为没有，我知道有几家便利旅馆，让我打几个电话。 16.I've made a reservation at the hotel you used last time. 我已预订了你上次住过的旅馆。 17.We've booked a Western-style room for you. 我们已为你订了一间西式的房间。 18.Let's go to the station to get a train into town. 我们到火车站去 to your hotel. 我开车来的，所以我开车送你到旅馆。 24.You must be hungry. Shall we get something to eat？ 你一定饿了，我们吃点东西好吗？ 25.That sounds good. Let's get something at the hotel restaurant. I feel a little tired. 那太棒了，我们就到旅馆餐厅吃点东西，我有点累了。 26.Would you like to have some dinner？你想吃饭吗？ 27.What would you like to eat？ 你想吃什么呢？ 28.Can I take you out to dinner？It"ll be my treat. 我带你出去吃饭好吗？这次我请客。 29.If you're hungry， we can eat dinner now. 如果你饿了，我们现在就去吃饭。 30.Have you had breakfast yet？ 你吃过早餐了吗？ 31.Yes. It was delicious. 是的，味道很好。
32.Good. Let's go to the office. 好的，我们去办公室吧。 33.How is your room？ 你的房间怎样？ 34.Did you sleep well last night？ 你昨晚睡得好吗？ 35.Why don't we go to the office now？为何我们现在不去办公室呢？ 36.We'll start with an orientation video. It runs about 15 minutes. 我们将从一个电视简报开始，大概放15分钟。 37.The tour will take about an hour and a half. We ought to be back here by 3：00. 参观大概要一个半小时，3点钟以前回到这里。 38.Our new product line has been very successful. We've expanded the factory twice this year already. 我们新的生产线非常成功，我们今年已把工厂扩展了两倍。 39.I'd like to introduce you to our company. Is there anything in particular you'd like to know？ 我将向你介绍我们的公司，你有什么特别想知道的吗？ 40.We have some reports to show you for background
information. 我们还有一些报告向你介绍背景资料。 41.Is your factory any different from other plastics factories？ 你们工厂和其他塑胶工厂有何差别呢？ 43.I'd like to explain what makes this factory special. 我要向你说明本工厂的特性。
44.This is the most fully-automated factory we have. 这是我们的全自动化工厂。
45.It's the most up-to-date in the industry. 这是同业中最新型的。
48.I'm afraid I don't know. Let me ask the supervisor in this section. 恐怕我不知道，让我来询问一下该组的负责人。
49.I'm not really sure about that. Mr. Jiang should know the answer to that. 关于那事我不敢确定，蒋先生应该知道答案。
50.Let me direct that question to the manager. 让我直接问经理好了。
51.I'm not familiar with that part. Let me call someone who is more knowledgeable. 那部分我不熟悉，让我找专业人士来说明。
53.Is there anything you"d like to know？你想知道什么？
54.Is there anything I can explain fully？有什么事情要我详细说明的吗？
55.What did you think of our factories？你认为我们的工厂怎样？
56.I was impressed very much. 我有深刻的印象。 57.thank you very much for giving us your valuable time. 我们占用了你宝贵的时间，非常感谢。
You must be our long-expected guest, Mr.X from the U.S.
Very nice/glad/pleased to meet you. 幸会
I"m delighted to meet you at last. 很高兴终于见到您了。
It was nice meeting you./I'm so pleased to have(finally) met you./
很高兴见到您。（道别用语） How was your journey? 您旅途如何？
I hope you've had a pleasant flight/trip. 旅途愉快吧！
I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. 希望您在此过得愉快。
Hope you'll have a pleasant/enjoyable stay here. 祝你们在此逗留愉快。
We've been expecting you ever since you sent us the fax informing us of your date of arrival. 自从您把来访日期传真给我们后，我们一直在期待着您的到来。
And I'll be very happy if I can help you with anything.
May I help you with your baggage/luggage? 我替您拿行李好吗？
Is there anything I can do for you? 有什么事需要我帮忙吗？ How nice to see you again! 再次见到您真高兴。
I've heard so much about you. Glad to meet you. 久闻大名，今日相见荣幸之至。
You must be very tired after such a long trip. 长途旅行之后，您一定累了。
We were held up for a few hours at Hong Kong Airport because of a small accident. But on the whole we had a smooth flight. 因为一个小小的事故，我们在香港机场滞留了几个小时。但总的来说，旅途还是很顺利的。 Now shall we go and collect your luggage. 现在我们去取行李吧
A:Good morning. The United Airlines. What can I do for you?
早上好。美国联合航空公司。我能为您做些什嘛？ B:Yes, I'd like to make a reservation to Boston next week.
是的，我想订一张下周飞往波斯顿的机票。 A:When do you want to fly? 您想何时去？
B:Monday, september 12. 周一，9月12日。
A:We have Flight 802 on monday. Just a moment please. Let me check whether there're seats available. I'm sorry we are all booked up for Flight 802 on that day.
我们有周一802次航班。请稍等。让我查一下那天是否有座。非常抱歉802次航班机票已订完。 B:Then, any alternatives? 那还有别的吗？
A:The next available flight leaves at 9:30 Tuesday morning september 13. Shall I book you a seat? 有一次航班在九月13日周二上午9:30起飞。我要为您订个座位吗？
B:Er... it is a direct flight, isn't it? 哦......是直航对吗？
A:Yes it is. You want to go first class or coach? 是的。您愿意订头等舱还是经济舱的机票？ B:I prefer first class, what about the fare? 我想订头等舱的机票。多少钱？ A:One way is $176. 单程是176美元。
B:Ok I will take the 9:30 flight on Tuesday. 好的我要订周二9:30的机票。
A:A seat on Flight 807 to Boston 9:30 Tuesday morning. Is it all right, sir?
B:Right. Can you also put me on the waiting list for the 12th?
A:Certainly. May I have your name and telephone number?
B:My name is Lorus Anderson. You can reach me at 52378651.
A:I will notify you if there is cancellation. 若是取消我会通知您的。 B: Thank you very much. 非常感谢。 A:My pleasure. 不客气。 【常用句型】
1. I want a package deal including airfare and hotel. 我需要一个成套服务，包括机票和住宿。
2. I'd like to change this ticket to the first class. 我想把这张票换成头等车。
3. I'd like to reserve a sleeper to Chicago. 我要预订去芝加哥的卧铺。
4. I'd like to sit in the front of the plane. 我要坐在飞机前部。
5. I'd like two seats on today's Northwest Flight 7 to Detroit, please.
我想订两张今天西北航空公司7班次到底特律的机票。 6. I'd like to buy an excursion pass instead. 我要买一张优待票代替。
7. I'd like a refund on this ticket. 我要退这张票。
8. I'd like to have a seat by the window. 我要一个靠窗的座位。
9. We have only one a day for New York. 到纽约的一天只有一班。
10. The flight number is AK708 on September 5th. 班机号码是9月5日的AK708。
11. There's a ten thirty flight in the morning. 早上10点半有班机。
12. I'd like to reconfirm my flight from London to Tokyo.
我要再确认一下我从伦敦到东京的班机。 13. My reservation number is 2991. 我的预订号码是2991。
14. Do you have any tickets available for that date? 你们有那天的票吗？
15. Would you please make my reservation to Chicago for tomorrow?
16. What''s the fare to New York, Economy Class? 去纽约的经济舱机票多少钱？
17. Where do I pick up the ticket? 我什么地方拿机票？
18. Can I have a second－class one way ticket to Chicago, please?
请给我一张去芝加哥的单程二等票好吗？ 19. Can I stop over on the way? 我在中途可以停吗？
20. What time does the plane take off? 飞机何时起飞？
ChapterⅡ Receiving Clients
Background Knowledge （公司、人物介绍，对话情景）
Susan Wang, sales manager of Sunshine Import & Export co. ltd and her secretary , Diana Li are going to meet Fred Johns, the purchase manager of Global Trading Inc at Shanghai PuDong International Airport.
一，Meeting the Guest
1．At the airport.
Miss Li is meeting Fred Johns.
L: Excuse me, sir. Are you Mr. Johns from Global Trading Inc., New York? J: Yes, I am. You must be Diana Li from Sunshine Import & Export co. ltd?
L: Yes, it’s my pleasure to meet you. Welcome to Shanghai. Did you have a pleasant trip?
J: Well, I enjoyed it very much.
L: Anyway it’s a long way to China, isn’t it? I think you must be very tired. J: But I will be all right by tomorrow, and ready for business.
L: Great. Well, let’s go.
2．Introducing the Guest to the Superior.
Miss Li is introducing Mr. Johns to Susan Wang, the sales manager.
L: I would like to introduce you to Miss Wang, our sales manager. Miss Wang, this is Mr. Johns, the purchase manager from Global Trading Inc.
J: Nice to meet you, Miss Wang.
W: Nice to meet you, Mr. Johns. Welcome to our city. I hope you will enjoy your stay here.
J: Thank you. I have been looking forward to this trip.
W: We’ll do everything we can to accommodate you and make you comfortable. J: You are so nice. I hope we’ll have a good cooperation.
W: Great. Now let’s take a short rest in the waiting room. Then Miss Li and I will take you to visit our company.
J: Good idea. Let’s go.
1．Introducing the company.
Miss Wang and Miss Li are introducing the company to Mr. Johns.
W: Here is our company, Sunshine Import & Export co. ltd.
J: Yes, I’ve heard the company for a long time.
W: Well, we have been in this line for a long time. And we are one of the most competitive suppliers of this line. We have nearly 280 employees and sales of $ 9,806 million. We manufacture fine chemicals, e.g Rongalite C 98 PCT in lumps. Our products are sold in Britain, America, Japan, Italy and South East Asia and well appreciated by their purchasers.
L: Yes, and we always take customers first.
J: Great. Do you have any new products？
W: Yes, it is researched by our Research and Development Department. I think it will
be the best-selling lines.
J: Wonderful. Can I have a look at these new products?
W: Of course, Miss Li will show you around the different departments of our country, and then we will visit the products.
2．Introducing the department.
L: Follow me please, Mr. Johns. This is our marketing department.
J: Looks great.
L: Yes, Marketing department mainly advertises and markets products. And this way, this is our Research and Development department.
J: I’ve heard a new kind of chemical product has been developed by this department. L: Yes, this department is very important for the company. It is called “heart” of the company.
J: Do you have Dispatch department?
L: Of course, please turn right, and this is our Dispatch Department, which is responsible to send goods to customers. And we have a great After-sales department. J: It means whatever problems we have after sales, we can get help from this department.
L: Yes, we always take customers as our Gods. Our after-sales service is perfect.
3．Introducing the products.
Miss Wang and Miss Li are introducing the products to Mr. Johns.
W: Mr. Johns, now let me show you around our product exhibition room.
J: I can hardly wait to visit the products.
L: This way, please.
W: Ok, we are in the product exhibition room. Our latest products are exhibited here. L: Yes, in a word, our products have the excellent qualities and reasonable prices. We have 5-year warranty and the best service conditions. You can rely on us.
J: I am really interested in Type 1 &2. Would it be possible for me to have a closer look at your samples?
W: Of course, please.
(Mr. Johns is study the samples carefully.)
J: Now I can’t wait to consult the details of the contract.
1．Appointment and Visiting.
Mr. Johns has an appointment with Mr. Chen, the general manager of the company at 2 o’clock in the afternoon. He’s in waiting room now. Miss Li, the secretary, is receiving Mr. Johns.
L: Mr. Johns, may I help you?
J: I would like to see Mr. Chen.
L: Do you have an appointment?
J: Yes, he knows I’m coming. Our meeting is set for 2 o’clock.
L: Please wait for a moment.
(Miss Li is telephoning to Mr. Chen. Mr. Chen confirms the appointment with Mr. Johns)
L: Well, Mr. Johns, Mr. Chen is waiting for you. Wish you have a good time.
J: Thank you! Have a good day.
(Mr. Chen is having a meeting with Mr. Johns)
C: Nice to meet you, Mr. Johns.
J: Nice to meet you, Mr. Chen.
C: Do you have a good time here?
J: Yes. Thank you for such a thoughtful arrangement for me. Shall we make a time for our business talk?
C: You are a man of action, Mr. Johns. I’d like to invite you to a dinner party at the Grand Hyatt Hotel at 7 o’clock in this evening. After the dinner, we’ll make a time for our business talk. Ok?
J: Thank you for your kindness. I’ll be delighted to arrive on time.
C: See you later.
J: See you.
2．Giving a Banquet.
Mr. Chen is holding a banquet for Mr. Johns. Mr. Guan, the manager of Research and Development, Mr. Xiao, the finance department manager, Miss Wang, the sales manager, Miss Li, the secretary are all present.
C: Mr. Johns, it’s a pleasure to have you here.
J: It’s very kind of you to have invited me.
C: Now. I’d like you to meet my friends. Allow me to introduce them. This is Mr. Guan, He is in charger of the Research and Development Department. This is Mr. Xiao. He is the finance department manager, and you know, Miss Wang, the sales manager, Miss Li, the secretary. They are with us evening.
J: Oh, how nice. I am glad to meet you Mr. Guan and Mr. Xiao.
G.&X. : Glad to meet you, too.
J: It’s nice to see you again, Mr. Wang and Miss Li.
W&L: Nice to see you again, Mr. Johns.
C: Now, let’s be seated. This food is a Shanghai specialty. It’s very popular here. Help yourself, please.
W: Make yourself at home and eat it while it is hot, Mr. Johns.
J: Thank you. These dishes are all delicious. What’s the name of this?
C: It’s named Sautéed Shelled Shrimps. It tastes fresh, doesn’t it?
J: Yes, it’s wonderful. Thank you, Mr. Chen, what do we say in Chinese for “Bottoms up”?
C: We say “Ganbei”. I wish to propose a toast to our friendship and cooperation. Ganbei!
ALL: To our friendship and cooperation. Ganbei.
3．At the Export Commodities Fair.
Miss Wang, the sales manager is taking Mr. Johns to visit the Export Commodities Fair.
W: Mr. Johns, this way, please. The fair has been held once a year since 1990. Many visitors come to the Fair every year. And the number of visitors is increased every year. This year the number is expected to be over 10,000.
J: I am excited to be here. How crowded with the people.
W: Yes. Be careful. The Fair has become very important in our foreign trade. There are about 20,000 new products on display. Many Chinese foreign trade companies come here and do both import and export business here.
J: I suppose these products of the exhibition fair must be quite new in design. I am interested in looking around.
W: Ok, let’s go.
1．sales manager: 销售经理
2．import: [im'pɔ:t] :n. 1. 进口，输入 2. 进口商品 v. 1. 进口2.输入 3.引进
3．export: ['ekspɔ:t]: n. 1. 出口, 输出 2. 出口商品 v. 1.出口 2.输出
4．Global Trading Inc.: Inc=incorporation 公司 全球贸易公司
5．accommodate: v. 1. 向…提供住处, 提供住宿2.使适应,使符合一致(to)
6．make sb. comfortable: 使某人宾至如归
7．cooperation: [kəu.ɔpə'reiʃən] n. 合作,协作
8．hear …for a long time: 久仰大名
9．competitive: [kəm'petitiv]: adj. 竞争的，比赛的
10. supplier: n. 供应商
11. line: 行业
12. Rongalite C 98 PCT in lumps 98%雕白块(块状)
13. appreciate: [ə'pri:ʃieit] v. 欣赏，感激,赏识
14. purchaser: ['pə:tʃəsə] 买方,购买者
15. Research and Development Department: 研究和发展部门
16. the best-selling lines: 畅销品
17. marketing department: 市场部门
18. Dispatch Department: 运输部门
19. After-sales department: 售后服务部门
20. exhibition: [.eksi'biʃən]: n. 展示, 展览
21. warranty: ['wɔrənti] n. 保证,担保
22. rely on: 依赖,依靠,对…放心
23. confirm: [kən'fə:m] v. 确定，批准, 证实
24.be delighted to: 很高兴做..
25. banquet: ['bæŋkwit]: 宴会,筵席
26. in charger of: 对…负责
27. be seated: 坐下
28. Sautéed Shelled Shrimps: 水晶虾仁
29. bottoms up: 干杯
Useful phrases and sentences
1. I am so pleased to have met you here.
2. Thank you for coming all the way to my company.
3. On behalf of our company, I’d like to say how delighted we are to receive you
4. Thank you very much for coming all the way to meet us in person.
5. Excuse, I haven’t the honor of knowing you.
6. Ladies and gentlemen I am glad to have the honor of introducing…
7. May I present Mr…., General Manager of …
8. We really wish you will have a pleasant stay here.
9. If you don’t mind, we’d like to accommodate you ( put you up) at the Holiday Inn. 您若愿意的话，我们想把您安排在假日酒店下榻。
10. We’ll do everything we can to accommodate you and make you comfortable. 我们会尽力为您服务，使您有一种舒适如归的感觉。
11. If you should encounter any inconveniences, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be very glad to help you out.
12. Maybe we could start with the Designing Department.
13. Then we could look at the production line.
14. Almost every process is computerized.
15. The efficiency is greatly raised, and the intensity of labor is decreased.
16. I’ve been looking forward to visiting your factory.
17. I hope my visit does not cause you too much trouble.
18. I’m impressed by your approach to business.
19. What kind of quality control do you have?
20. Could I have your latest catalogues or something that tells me about your company?
21. All products have to go through five checks in the whole process.
22. Our managing director Mr. Li will host a reception banquet in your honor tonight, and we would like you to come to the dinner this evening.
23. Thank you very much for inviting me to this delightful dinner.
24. You are going out of your way for us, I believe.
25. Thank you for such a thoughtful arrangement for us.
26. I have just made an appointment with Mr. Robeson. He would like to meet us at 4:00 this afternoon.
27. Let the time be fixed at 3 o’clock, right?
28. Our manager has a previous engagement (appointment) at 4 ‘clock this afternoon. 我们经理在今天下午四点已经有预约了。
29. Could we put it off to tomorrow morning, at 8 o’clock?
30. I’m sorry I’ll have to make our appointment a little later.
Conversational Tips （知识点的补充）
1. Rongalite C 98 PCT in lumps 98%雕白块(块状)
Exercise 1 Complete the Following Dialogues:
1. A: You must be tired. Mr. B. Sit here and have a short rest, please.
B: __________________________ (谢谢，A小姐。你来接我真是太好了。我感到有点儿累，但我想很快就会恢复的。)
2. A: I do hope you have a pleasant trip.
3. A: I am sorry for troubling you so much, Miss B.
4. A：Do you think Mr. White could see me next Monday?
5. A: Will it be convenient if I call on your manager at 4 o’clock this afternoon? B: ______________________(恐怕有点问题，今天下午4点种他已经有约会了。我们把时间推迟到明天上午8点行吗？那时他有空。)
6. A: Shall we appoint a place to meet this evening?
7. A: About our appointment for the next Monday morning, I wonder whether we could change it from 8:00 to 10:00, because something has come up.
8. A: Our manager would like to invite you to a dinner party this evening. B: __________________________(他太好了，我很乐意去。)
9. A: Well, if you insist, you call just bring a bunch of fruits.
10. Now, Mr. B, dinner is ready. Let’s go into the dining hall. Ladies an gentlemen, please be seated. Mr. B, will you please sit on the left?
11. A: Hi, Mr. B, the Guangzhou Spring Trade Fair is to open tomorrow morning. Would you like to go there for a visit?
B: __________________________ (妙极了，我想去参观下，和中国商人做几笔大买卖。)
12. This is Miss Wang, your interpreter and guide. She will introduce the products displayed in the hall to you.
13. A: Many Chinese foreign corporations come to the Fair and do both import and export business.
Exercise 2 Make a dialogue according to the following information:
2. ___________ makes goods in the factory.
3. ___________buys goods for the company.
4. ___________ advertises and markets products.
5. ___________ deals with employees.
6. ___________ organizes payment.
7. ___________ develops new products.
8. ___________ sells the company’s products.
9. ___________ sends goods to customers.